Bidor 10 Inch Ray Mears Styled Parang
- Blade Length: 10″
- Plastic injected textured grip that’s pinned to the tang.
- Tempered 5160 Spring Steel.
- Primary grind established at factory but may require further sharpening for desired edge.
- Not aesthetically pristine and may have minor blemishes that are not considered defective.
- Very rugged and natural finish
Out of stock
Get an alert when the product is in stock:
These parangs are authentically made in Bidor, Perak. Hand made by the original owner’s son, they have 80 years of experience in blacksmithing. Their works are famous for their hardiness and ability to keep a sharp edge. The blades are differentially tempered for maximum effectiveness and durability.
Ray Mears popularized this parang shape, which is very similar to the Duku Chandong of Sarawak. A very capable chopper in the right hands. Suitable for large branches , trees and anyone needing a good survival or bushcraft tool .
|Width at Widest Point||
5160 Carbon Steel
|Blade Thickness (Above Handle / At Tip)||
5.16 mm. / 2.11 mm.
Natural Finish, Primary grind established at factory but may require sharpening before first use., Rugged Finish
Hard Plastic / Polypropylene
|Country of Origin||