Bidor 12 Inch Ray Mears Styled Parang
- Blade Length: 12″
- Plastic injected textured grip that’s pinned to the tang.
- Tempered 5160 Spring Steel.
- Primary grind established at factory but may require further sharpening for desired edge.
- Not aesthetically pristine and may have minor blemishes that are not considered defective.
- Very rugged and natural finish
Out of stock
Get an alert when the product is in stock:
These parangs are authentically made in Bidor , Perak. Hand made by the orginal owner’s son, they have 80 years of experience in blacksmithing. Their works are famous for their hardiness and ability to keep a sharp edge. The blades are differentially tempered for maximum effectiveness and durability.
Ray Mears popularized this parang shape, which is very similar to the Duku Chandong of Sarawak. A very capable chopper in the right hands. Suitable for large branches, trees and anyone needing a good survival or bushcraft tool .
18 1/4 in.
1 lb. 1 oz.
|Width at Widest Point||
5160 Carbon Steel
|Blade Thickness (Above Handle / At Tip)||
5.72 mm. / 2.23 mm.
Primary grind established at factory but may require sharpening before first use., Rugged Finish
Hard Plastic / Polypropylene
|Country of Origin||