Cold Steel 16 Inch Jungle Machete with Sheath
- Blade Length: 16″
- Overall Length: 22″
- Textured hard polypropylene handle
- Bush Style SAE 1055 High-Carbon Steel with Black Baked-On Anti Rust Matte Finish
- Imported from South Africa
- Primary grind established at factory but may require further sharpening for desired edge.
- Sheath included
Get an alert when the product is in stock:
Out of stock
Out of stock
Made from spring tempered 1055 carbon steel, the Cold Steel Jungle Machete is incredibly tough. With the weight-forward balance necessary to chop through vines, saplings, brush and even small trees, and a sharp point that offers a multitude of survival and bushcraft capabilities. The Jungle Machete is sold fully sharpened, and shipped with a sturdy Cor-Ex sheath.
1 lb. 7 oz.
|Weight with Sheath||
1 lb. 12 oz.
|Width at Widest Point||
2 3/4 in.
1055 High Carbon Steel
|Blade Thickness (Above Handle / At Tip)||
2.8 mm. / 2.8 mm.
Primary grind established at factory but may require sharpening before first use.
Hard Plastic / Polypropylene
|Country of Origin||
Based on 2 reviews
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
If you intend to have only one machete, this is a good choice.
– Short enough to pack, but long enough to do clear brush. – Blade shape gives versatility – belly to chop and slice, flat to draw cut and carve, acute tip to pierce.
– Blade stout and tough enough to dig holes and hammer nails.
– Comes sharp and takes a keen edge with ease.
– Comfortable handle.
– Functional sheath.
– Baked-on coating wears poorly.
– Edge came mostly sharp, but had some burrs – (easy fix with a file).
– No ricasso (makes fine carving difficult – easily fixed by flattening edge near handle with a file).
– Handle lacks traction (fixed with hockey tape).